CONTEXT– The school was reviewed as part of the Pilot of the Jersey Evaluation and Review Framework in February 2018, outcomes and recommendations have shaped elements of the SDP. Staff have been involved throughout the process and are fully committed to improving the quality teaching and learning in the school to improve overall outcomes for all children. Outcomes of the data from 2017- 2018 pupil, parental and staff feedback and consultation with the updated Jersey School’s Review Framework have been taken into account to inform the strategic direction and school development for this academic year.
Areas for Improvement
Area 1- Teaching, Learning and Assessment: To raise standards to achieve improved outcomes for children
- To establish a curriculum that is mapped across the academic year in all subject areas of the Jersey Curriculum.
- To ensure quality first wave teaching for all pupils.
- To establish timetabled assessment opportunities for end of unit work in English, maths and science.
- To refine the school’s monitoring and tracking cycle following a full year 17-18 (incl internal moderation for phase groups)
- To review and enhance our provision for under achieving pupils so that the attainment gaps in each year group are closed.
- To refine the current data analysis system in line with school and island wide SIM’s development across Key Stage 1 and 2 and EExAT Module 1 and 2 in Foundation Stage as assessment and tracking tools.
Area 2- Effectiveness of Leadership and Management: To address the quality of teaching, engaging all stakeholders, ensuring high expectations and aspirations result in enhanced school improvement and progress for all pupils.
- The pursuit of excellence for all pupils to successfully create a culture of high expectations, aspirations and scholastic excellence
- Parents and carers have a greater engagement with their child’s learning and with the school
- To review and streamline the extensive and thorough “recording and reporting” procedures in school
- To review the Subject Leadership Policy to promote a broad and balanced curriculum across the range of curricular subjects.
- To review the school’s CPD requirements and track all CPD using https://www.virtual-college.co.uk/